*****Enterprise Fitness Podcast Episode 7 is LIVE
Alexander Juan Antonio Cortes
Alex’s professional aspirations in high school were to be professional ballet dancer. He attended San Francisco State University from 2007-2010 in an attempt to fulfill his dreams, but during that period he ruptured his left hamstring tendon and then broke his foot a year later. Being incapable of walking without a cane, the possibilities for a professional career in dancing was very slim.
Dishearted, he began reading Dave Tate’s book, “Under the Bar.” Inspired, he made a choice that he would never be weak again and so he became self educated in rehabilitation and found a new career in personal training. In 2009, his first gym job was as a glorified circuit instructor and fitness counselor at a 24 Hour Fitness Fit-Lite (now defunct).
His professional career has taken him all around the world, meeting several phenomenal coaches and trainers. Coming from a non-traditional athletic background, with a degree in Dance Choreography, Alexander is an intense study of the psychology and science of how and why we train. He has trained hundreds of clients as a personal trainer since 2009. In addition to training clients in-person he also coaches online with John Meadows of the Mountain Dog team and writes for EliteFTS along with his own blog.
To discover more about Alex’s amazing transformation, listen to Episode 7 of the Enterprise Podcast on iTunes where Alex and Reece chat candidly.
You can download the podcast for free on iTunes here. Don’t forget to leave us a review!
In this interview Alex explains:
- The 3 most important aspects of Hypertrophy
- Programming to achieve fat loss and improved body composition
- The differences between programming for male and female clients
- How to properly program rest time and deloads to yield better results
- The biomechanics of personal training
Keep an eye out for Podcasts coming soon…
- Program Periodisation Expert – Stephane Cazeault
- Mark and Reece @RealTalk – Training, Lies and Reece Jokes
New to the show?
- The Secret Behind a 280 kg bench press with Champion Powerlifter – Josh Bryant
- The Mindset, Training and Nutrition of Former Navy SEAL – Jeff Serven
- Why Physios Don’t Get Results from a Master Physiotherapist – Andrew Lock
- Hollywood Go to Guy – Christian Maurice
- Elite Hypertrophy Coach to IFBB Pro’s – John Meadows
- Former Olympic Athlete and Legendary Strength Coach – Andre Benoit