*****Enterprise Fitness Podcast Episode 8 is LIVE
The Science and Art of Program Periodisation
with former Director of Strength and Conditioning at Poliquin Group, Stéphane Cazeault
At the early age of 14, Stéphane knew he wanted to be a strength coach. He has, since then, spent more than 24 years perfecting his work. He has a strong formal academic foundation, earning a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from the University of Montreal. During this time, he worked with mentors to learn the practical skills necessary to enable athletes to achieve physical superiority.
In his career Stéphane has personally trained professional athletes in football, baseball, and hockey. Here is a list of some of the many athletes he worked with from the NFL, MLB and NHL:
- Steven Jackson (New England Patriots), James Butler and Mark Clayton (St. Louis Rams);
- David Freese, Chris Carpenter and Matt Holliday (St. Louis Cardinals);
- Dennis Wideman (Calgary Flames) and Mike Green (Washington Capitals).
Prior to founding KILO, Stéphane was the Director of Strength and Conditioning for Poliquin Group (2012-2016) and the High Performance Director at the Central Institute for Human Performance (2005-2012).
Stéphane’s passion is program design. His program design is carefully structured with every possible component taken into consideration to ensure the trainee reaches and exceeds their goals, making his work a combination of both science and art.
To find out more about Stéphane, visit www.kilostrengthsociety.com or like him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/KILOstrengthsociety.
Download the episode 8 of the Enterprise Fitness Podcast on iTunes!
In this interview Stephane explains:
- How and when to correctly schedule deloads.
- How to organise different phases to achieve optimal client results.
- The differences between programming for athletes and for body builders.
- How to read and track a client’s results to be able to make changes to their program/phases accordingly.
Keep an eye out for Podcasts coming soon…
New to the show?
- An Intellectual Look at Training for Longevity – Alexander Juan Antonio Cortes
- The Secret Behind a 280 kg bench press with Champion Powerlifter – Josh Bryant
- The Mindset, Training and Nutrition of Former Navy SEAL – Jeff Serven
- Why Physios Don’t Get Results from a Master Physiotherapist – Andrew Lock
- Hollywood Go to Guy – Christian Maurice
- Elite Hypertrophy Coach to IFBB Pro’s – John Meadows
- Former Olympic Athlete and Legendary Strength Coach – Andre Benoit