Welcome to Enterprise Kitchen!
We wanted to share with you how simple, fun and tasty it can be to cook healthy meals with fresh, whole produce. Watch our episodes, hosted by our much-loved Enterprise coaches, to learn how you can add health and flavour to your meal preps.
In our first episode of Enterprise Kitchen, our hosts, Adrian and Amy, talk carbs, specifically the good old spud. A necessity to anyone’s diet, it’s important to consume slow energy releasing carbohydrate sources for fuel throughout your day. The white potato has unjustly gained a bad rep in the veggie world, and has been shadowed by its brighter-looking sibling, the sweet potato.
With 17g of carbohydrates per 100g, it’s no less inferior to the sweet potato, and if cooked right, can taste damn good!
Try our Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Butter Potato Batch
Serving size will be dependent on individual needs, as a reference, Adrian has 400g of potatoes in a meal, and Amy would have 250g
In this episode we used:
- 1kg of used Baby Royal Blue Potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stems of fresh rosemary stems
- 25g organic Ballantyne Unsalted Rolled Butter
- 3 tbsp Moro Tradicional Olive Oil
- Balsamic vinegar Mazzetti Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Peel the potatoes
- Once peeled, add them to a pot of water so they are just covered
- After adding a pinch of salt, boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, with or without a lid
- Whilst the potatoes boil, prepare the rosemary and garlic seasoning. Strip the leaves off the rosemary and chop the leaves with the garlic cloves. Leave this to the side for later
- Once the potatoes are boiled, pour away the water and let them cool in a colander
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Whilst the oven heats, cover a tray with baking paper and pour the potatoes onto it
- Drizzle oil over the potatoes and add salt and pepper
- Heat the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle on the rosemary and garlic mix, balsamic vinegar and butter
- Place the potatoes back into the oven for a final 15 minutes
- Remove them from the oven, wait to cool, and taste!
- You can store boiled potatoes (or any veg) in the freezer for up to 12 months before roasting them
- Use Moro Tradicional Olive Oil as it has a high smoke point. Cold press oils have a much lower smoke point and will become toxic when cooked. This will give a bad smell and taste to your food.
- Fan forced ovens will give you better results
- Nutrition Specific To Your Body Type
- Nutrition Explained Simply
- Nutrition For BodyBuilders – How Not To Just Get Fat