Enterprise Fitness Functional Health Practitioner Kristine Ottobre shares her thoughts on turmeric lattes…
Turmeric Lattes are an increasing craze and it gives me the giggles. We have been sucked in people!!!
- Curcumin is the active constituent in Turmeric which contains all the health benefits we hear of today, but turmeric has only 3% Curcumin.
- Straight oral ingestion of Turmeric is 65-85% excreted unchanged in our poo. Meaning we do not absorb much at all.
- For better absorption you have to either make nanoparticles of the Curcumin or have formulations that include phosholipids and peperine. And these aren’t just sprinkled amounts that help to increase the absorption.
Hope I’ve relieved you of your obligation to another false claim to health!
- Nutrition and Supplementation
- The Magnificent Seven by Dr Robert Rakowski
- Hit A Plateau But Can’t Tell Why?