Josh Bryant empowers his mind just as much as his body with an impressive collection of several prestigious certifications and titles under his name, including ISSA certifications in fitness training, nutrition, and conditioning, Master of Fitness Sciences (MFS) and also was recently named the ISSA Director of Applied Strength and Power Development. In addition to being certified by the NSCA as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and by NASM as a Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES), Josh completed his Master’s degree in Exercise Science, with an emphasis in Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention at California University of Pennsylvania.
At only 22 years of age, he was the youngest person in powerlifting history to bench press 600 pounds raw. Josh has squatted 909 pounds in the USPF, officially bench pressed 620 pounds and deadlifted 810 pounds – both raw. Since then, he’s won many national and world titles in both powerlifting and strongman, winning the Atlantis Strongest Man in America competition in 2005.
Josh has been focusing on providing outstanding personal training in person as well as via the Internet, training some of the strongest, most muscular athletes in the world at Metroflex Gym in Arlington, Texas. He has combined his education along with his in-the-trenches experience to develop The JoshStrength Method. This method has provided countless clients the roadmap to success. To learn more about The JoshStrength Method, look at some of his recent ARTICLES.
He is the co-author of Amazon’s No. 1-selling book, Jailhouse Strong, and EliteFTS’ best-selling eBooks, Metroflex Gym Powerbuilding Basics and Bench Press: The Science. To learn more about Josh, visit www.JoshStrength.com.
Alternatively you can download the podcast for free on iTunes here. Don’t forget to leave us a review!
In this interview Josh explains:
- How he bench pressed 620 pounds raw.
- How to increase strength for powerlifting.
- Programming and monitoring progress for an online client.
- Best exercises to perform for powerlifters in the off season.
Keep an eye out for Podcasts coming soon…
- Personal Trainer – Alexander Juan Antonio Cortes
- Program Periodisation Expert – Stephane Cazeault
New to the show?
- The Mindset, Training and Nutrition of Former Navy SEAL – Jeff Serven
- Why Physios Don’t Get Results from a Master Physiotherapist – Andrew Lock
- Hollywood Go to Guy – Christian Maurice
- Elite Hypertrophy Coach to IFBB Pro’s – John Meadows
- Former Olympic Athlete and Legendary Strength Coach – Andre Benoit