With Master Physiotherapist, Andrew Lock
This episode Reece speaks to one of the most well educated hardcore gym junkies you will ever meet.. Andrew Lock, Master Physiotherapist and bench presser of 230 kilos!
In this interview Reece speaks to Andrew about:
- What other physiotherapists fail to do
- The secret to how he achieved his 230 kilo bench press
- Why the kettlebell swing IS the solution to lower back problems (and why other strength coaches have it wrong)
- And how pilates is NOT a form of exercise.
Reece first met Andrew when he injured his hip from squatting too frequently with what he later found out to be a weak right glute causing him to twist as the load increased. What he felt, as time went on was a sharp shooting pain at the bottom of each squat he would do. This was not only painful but annoying and inhibited him from being able to push himself.
Andrew put together a glute protocol for him which, within 4 weeks, had him squatting without pain once again.
Andrew Lock had a solid grounding in deadlifting, squatting and all forms of pressing before he even went to university and has competed as a Powerlifter. He knows his clients well because he used to be one himself – A gym junkie and athlete injured wanting to train, looking for answers!
He is also a judge for the IFBB Pro League for almost 20 years – judging competitions such as the Arnold Classic in Australia.
Andrew is a sought after physiotherapist and the only physiotherapist who, we at Enterprise Fitness, personally recommend our clients to see.
Keep an eye out for Podcasts coming soon…
- Personal Trainer – Alexander Juan Antonio Cortes
- Former Navy Seal – Jeff Serven
New to the show?
- Hollywood Go to Guy – Christian Maurice
- Elite Hypertrophy Coach to IFBB Pro’s – John Meadows
- Former Olympic Athlete and Legendary Strength Coach – Andre Benoit